CARPENTERS SHOP APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES EAST OF PRADOE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054638
Date first listed:
21-Oct-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
29-Jan-2004
Statutory Address:
CARPENTERS SHOP APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES EAST OF PRADOE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CARPENTERS SHOP APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES EAST OF PRADOE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054638.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2019 at 14:54:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
CARPENTERS SHOP APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES EAST OF PRADOE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ruyton-XI-Towns
National Grid Reference:
SJ3590124852

Details

1574/8/126 21-OCT-1987

RUYTON XI TOWNS CARPENTERS SHOP APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES EAST OF PRADOE

GV II Carpenter's shop. c.1806 with minor later alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble with angle quoins, graded slate roof. 2 levels. EXTERIOR: North elevation has wide, segmental-headed horizontal sliding sash to centre with eaves hatch directly above. West gable end has segmental-headed arch with keystone over plank door to right; segmental-headed window to left. Segmental-headed boarded door to centre on first floor. INTERIOR: Floor supported on heavy beams. C19 cast-iron cooking range to back wall. HISTORY: The carpenter's shop was one of several outbuildings constructed c.1806 by Thomas Kenyon, who had bought Pradoe as a wedding present for his wife, Louisa Charlotte, in 1803.

Listed for group value as a c.1806 carpenter's shop that is complementary to the Grade II* Pradoe including attached service ranges and out-buildings (q.v), the Grade II dairy, brewhouse and pigsties (q.v.), manure sump (q.v.), kitchen garden wall (q.v.), and farm buildings (q.v.) and the Grade II Registered landscape, all with which it has group value.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
256678
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 35 Shropshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01589/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Myk Briggs. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].