IGHTFIELD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056025
Date first listed:
29-Sep-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
01-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
IGHTFIELD HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of IGHTFIELD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056025.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2019 at 03:57:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
IGHTFIELD HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ightfield
National Grid Reference:
SJ5997739380

Details

SJ 53 NE 5/1 29.9.51

IGHTFIELD C.P. Ightfield Hall (Formerly listed as Ightfield Manor)

GV II

Farmhouse. Probably late C17 altered and extended in the early C19 and further altered and refenestrated in the late C19. Red brick with plain tile roof. T-plan. 2 storeys and attic. Beaded wooden fascia, parapeted gable ends with sandstone copings and shaped stone kneelers, and integral brick end stacks (rebuilt above roof in the late C19). 3 hipped eaves dormers with 2-light wooden casements. 3 bays; late C19 glazing bar sashes (upper leaf with small panes and lower leaf with large panes) with stone cills and slightly segmental heads. Central C19 four-panelled door (lower panels beaded flush and upper panels glazed) with rectangular overlight and late C19 timber framed gabled porch on chamfered brick plinth. Rear wing with external brick lateral stack, central brick stack off ridge to south-west, and parapeted gable end with chamfered grey sandstone coping and shaped stone kneelers. Reset strapwork datestone to south-east inscribed: "1672". Interior not inspected but owner (October 1986) reports oak staircase with large turned balusters. The rear wing has been extended, probably in the early C19 (see straight joint). The house stands within a moated site, still partly filled with water at time of survey. It forms part of a complete farmstead group including a timber framed barn (q.v.) and stable (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SJ5997739380

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
260552
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].