PREMISES 10 METRES WEST OF LANGPORT POST OFFICE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056606
Date first listed:
17-Apr-1959
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
PREMISES 10 METRES WEST OF LANGPORT POST OFFICE, CHEAPSIDE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PREMISES 10 METRES WEST OF LANGPORT POST OFFICE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056606 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 03:16:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
PREMISES 10 METRES WEST OF LANGPORT POST OFFICE, CHEAPSIDE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Langport
National Grid Reference:
ST4203726814

Details

LANGPORT CP CHEAPSIDE (North side) ST4226 11/91 Premises 10 metres west of Langport Post office (formerly listed as premises 19.04.1959 14 yards N of Hill House)

GV II

Corner house, now shop and offices. C18, modified Cl9. Red brick in Flemish bond, with painted stone dressings; hipped welsh slate roof; large brick chimney stack. Three storeys, 3 bays, of which the centre is set in a long curve. Rusticated quins; ground floor has plain doorway bay 1, then simple early C20 shop windows of 5 and 2 units, the former set on curve; above, 12-pane sash windows to first floor, set in architraved surrounds with keystones, and 6-pane sashes to second floor set in architraves without keystones. Interior not seen. occupies important corner site in centre of town



Listing NGR: ST4203726814

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
263156
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Jan 2006
Reference: IOE01/15094/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Robert Atkins. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].