THE BLINDHOUSE OR LOCKUP ATTACHED TO THE SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1056867
Date first listed:
04-Feb-1958
Date of most recent amendment:
18-Dec-1987
Statutory Address:
THE BLINDHOUSE OR LOCKUP ATTACHED TO THE SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF MANOR FARMHOUSE, LOWER STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE BLINDHOUSE OR LOCKUP ATTACHED TO THE SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056867.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2019 at 13:25:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE BLINDHOUSE OR LOCKUP ATTACHED TO THE SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF MANOR FARMHOUSE, LOWER STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
South Somerset (District Authority)
Parish:
Merriott
National Grid Reference:
ST 44634 12555

Details

ST4412 MERRIOTT CP LOWER STREET (South side)

9/142 The Blindhouse or Lockup attached to the south-west corner of Manor Farmhouse (not included on list) (formerly listed as Lockup, Lower Street) 4.2.58

GV II

Village lockup. Probably early C19. Ham stone near-ashlar, stone slab pitched roof with plain gables. Studded boarded door in south west gable. Interior not seen. Date of erection uncertain, but a letter of 1911 refers to it not having been used for many years. (VCH Somerset, Vol IV, l978 p59). Manor Farmhouse is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: ST4463412555

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
262392
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Somerset, (1978), 59

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08916/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Fred Ballam. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].