LINSEY COTTAGE RED HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056917

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Sep-1988

Statutory Address: LINSEY COTTAGE, EAST STREET

Statutory Address: RED HOUSE, EAST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LINSEY COTTAGE
RED HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056917 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 17:19:42.

Location

Statutory Address: LINSEY COTTAGE, EAST STREET

Statutory Address: RED HOUSE, EAST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Drayton

National Grid Reference: ST 40739 24772

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST4024 DRAYTON CP EAST STREET (South side)

7/35 Red House and Linsey Cottage (previously listed as Whiteshouse Farmhouse)

17.4.59

GV II

Farmhouse, now divided into 2 dwellings. Dated on doorcase:- "1737". Flemish bond brickwork to frontage, on a coursed and squared rubble plinth with offset, English bond on left return, double-Roman tile roof, coped verges with freestone dressings, brick stacks. Two storeys and attic, 3:3 bays, moulded 3 and 5-light stone-mullioned windows with stopped labels, some lights with iron casements, some lights with wood casements, leaded lights. Door opening to left with stone doorcase, depressed-arch head, date over, studded plank door with iron strap hinges. Inserted C20 door opening to right in a reconstituted stone surround, studded plank door. Blocked 2-light stone-mullioned window to the attic. Returns with further blocked windows. (VAG report, unpublished SRO, October 1972).

Listing NGR: ST4073924772

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 264356

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Vernacular Architecture Group Report' in October, (1972)

End of official listing