This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1061095



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Shepway

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Saltwood

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-May-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 175647

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



4/127 Kintail


House. 1923 by Baillie Scott and Bereford for William Webster. Grey red brick in stretcher boud. First floor of wing tile-hung. Plain tile roof. North facing with wing running north from east end. Slightly - projecting 2 storey lean to containing stairs in re-entrant angle. 2 Storeys. Hipped roof to main range front slope continued down over lean-to. Wing roof hipped to front, with lower ridge. Brick ridge stack towards front end of wing and another towards left end of main range. Projecting brick gable-end stack to right. Irregular fenestration of 2 casements to first-floor of wing, one mullioned frieze window of 5 leaded lights under eaves of stair-well lean-to and one small 2 light mullioned window under eaves above door. No first- floor windows to right end, but one 3 light ground-floor casement. Two very small lights towards base of lean-to. Left end of lean-to extends forward along wall of wing into narrow single-storey lean-to with a 2 light mullioned window. Round-headed doorway to right of stair-well lean-to, in later C20 lean-to brick porch the roof of which extends to eaves of main range but is horizontal under the mill of the 1923 two- light mullioned windows. Interior not inspected. Formerly known as Kintail Manor, originally known as Trunds. (James Kornwolf, M H Baillie Scott and the Arts and Crafts Movement, 1972)

Listing NGR: TR1562236217

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Kornwolf, J, MH Baillie Scott and the Arts and Crafts Movement, (1972)

National Grid Reference: TR 15622 36217


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061095 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 03:42:09.

End of official listing