FORMER GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1061253

Date first listed: 01-Jan-1968

Statutory Address: FORMER GRAMMAR SCHOOL, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER GRAMMAR SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1061253 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 20:47:11.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER GRAMMAR SCHOOL, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: Melton (District Authority)

Parish: Wymondham

National Grid Reference: SK 85150 18684

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 8418 - 8518 WYMONDHAM CHURCH LANE

(east side) 14/152 Former Grammar School 1.1.68 G.V. II

Former Grammar School, now a social club. 1637. Altered 1885. Founded by Sir John Sedley. Ironstone ashlar with limestone dressings and slate roof with ashlar coped gables with moulded kneelers. Chamfered plinth and flush ashlar quoins. Single stone gable stack. 2 storeys, 3 bays. West gable has a central moulded doorway with depressed 4 centred arched head with hood mould, and above it, a blocked window containing an inscribed tablet, 1885. Above it, a shield with crest. East gable has, above, a blocked 3 light mullioned window with hood mould. South side has 3 three light mullioned windows with coved mullions. North side has 2 smaller 3 light mullioned windows. A slate tablet states that this building was converted in 1885 into a Reading Room.

Listing NGR: SK8515018684

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 189909

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing