OLD MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1062394
Date first listed:
19-Feb-1952
Statutory Address:
OLD MANOR HOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062394 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 11:18:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLD MANOR HOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Ingoldsby
National Grid Reference:
TF 01001 29952

Details

TF 02 NW INGOLDSBY MAIN STREET (south side)

7/26 Old Manor House

19-2-52 II

Former Rectory now house; 1847 by Charles Kirk of Sleaford; dressed rubble with ashlar dressings, stone coped gables with fleur de lys finials and shaped kneelers; green slate roof with one shaped stone stack and one replaced brick stack on stone base. 2 storey with garret having plinth and decorated corbels to eaves and one storey with attic. 6 bay facade, 4 bays to the left being 2 storey, the 2 end bays projecting under gables. An off centre door covered by a stone gabled porch with fleur de lys finial and doorway with 4 centre arched head, hood mould and faliate stops. Above opening a shield with 3 stars and a scroll with Greek inscription. To the left a one bay projecting wing with a 3 light stone mullion window with high transom. Above a 2 light window and in the gable a single light. All contemporary windows have shaped heads, stone cills and flat ashlar surrounds with iron casements. To the right a tall stair window of 2 lights with 2 transomes and decorated top light; a projecting one bay octagonal tower with battlemented parapet and foliated corbels having 2 single lights to its main front and one each side on the angles. Further right a 2 light window with a projecting gabled 2 light dormer above having corbel brackets and fleur de lys finial. The end projecting bay has a C20 bow window on ground floor which has broken open the original opening and above a C19 2 light casement. The pattern of 3 and 2 light windows of the original architectural composition. continues round side and rear elevations. The interior has large entrance hall with impressive staircase. In a room to left of porch is a stone fireplace in Tudor style decorated with roses. Over it is an inscribed brass plaque in Gothic script "FH 1847, to my successor: If thou chance to find a house to thy mind, and built without they cost, Be good to the poor as God gives thee store and then my labours not lost."

Listing NGR: TF0100129952

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193241
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10357/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Godson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].