Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063584.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Apr-2021 at 10:46:54.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

East Lindsey (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TF 37379 67065


RAITHBY MAIN STREET TF 36 NE (east side) 2/39 Church of Holy Trinity 3.2.67 G.V. II* Parish church. C12, reused C14 details, partly rebuilt 1873 by Sir G. G. Scott, 1886 chancel enlarged by Temple Moore, tower renewed by Hodgson Fowler, 1895. Squared greenstone rubble with limestone ashlar dressings. Ashlar, lead roofs. Western tower, nave, aisles, chancel, south porch. 3 stage tower in greenstone, with plinth, chamfered string courses, plain parapet, corner gargoyles and crocketed pinnacles. C15 re-cut belfry lights with 2 louvred openings with ogee heads and hollow chamfered surrounds. C15 west doorway with moulded surround and triangular head. Above a 4 light C15 window with hollow moulded surround and C19 panel tracery. Above a trefoil headed light. On the north side a wider buttress forms the stair tower. Ashlar north aisle has a C14 recut 2 light west window with trefoil headsto the lights and quatrefoil over, on the north side a bell moulded plinth and cill band, and 3 broad stepped buttresses. Pointed doorway in moulded surround, 2 two light C19 flat headed windows with ogee heads to the lights. C14 2 light west north aisle window with trefoil heads to the lights and mouchettes. Tall C19 chapel with a pair of ogee headed lights and facetted stack between. Pent roofed vestry with 4 centred arched headed doorway and reset C16 2 light window, deeply set with cusped heads to the lights and label hood mould. 3 light C15 east window in hollow chamfered surround with C19 recut panel tracery. Small quatrefoil over in gable. On the south side 2 C14 largely recut C19 3 light flat headed windows with cusped ogee heads to the lights. The south aisle has a taller similar 2 light east window and 2 south windows. The westernmost coping is moulded with a cusped and crocketed gablette. C19 gabled porch with angle buttresses, continuously moulded pointed outer doorway and a 2 light eastern window. C19 inner doorway with moulded pointed head. Interior. Double chamfered pointed north nave arcade with octagonal piers and capitals, moulded bases. The south nave has been recut by Sir G. G. Scott and may have been C12 originally with scalloped capital and chamfered arches. C19 chancel screen and pews. Window by Kempe 1896. Interior not available for inspection.

Listing NGR: TF3737967065


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/04071/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Scarbro. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].