This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List entry Number: 1064176

Location

CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Willoughton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-Dec-1964

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196752

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 99 SW WILLOUGHTON CHURCH LANE (North side)

2/61 Church of St. Andrew 16.12.64 II

Parish church. Late C13, C15, 1794, late C19. Coursed limestone rubble, limestone ashlar. Slate roofs with decorative red ridge tiles and stone coped gables. West tower, nave, rectangular chancel with north vestry. C18 west tower of 2 stages with plinth. Doorway with pointed head, broad chamfered jambs, hood mould, label stops and plank doors. Plaque just below first floor flat string course with "W. Bassett, Vicar I White Clerk W. Child" inscribed. Large oculus above. Narrow round headed light on north and south side at bell stage level. North side of nave with 2 large, broad round headed windows. Late C19 north vestry with large chimney to north west. 3 light mullion rectangular window on north side with doorway to east with flat head, chamfered surround and plank door. East end of chancel with large, pointed late C19 window with 4 pointed and cusped lights with tracery. South wall of chancel with single round headed window. To west, remains of C15 rectangular window with 2 blocked barely pointed lights. South wall of nave with 2 large, broad round headed lights. Late C13 chancel arch with polygonal responds and triple chamfered pointed head with hood mould and C19 label stop head to north and C13 label stop head to south. C19 organ arch with flattened pointed arch with chamfered sides. Doorway to vestry to east with shallow segmental head and plank door. C17 altar rail. Large ornate ashlar monument to Nicholas Sutton, died 1602, with inscription with coat of arms above. C20 pews, pulpit, lectern and font. Large metal horn above west door.

Listing NGR: SK9316993327

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 93169 93327

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064176 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-May-2018 at 01:07:43.

End of official listing