ST PANCRAS AND ISLINGTON CEMETERY, CHURCH OF ENGLAND CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1064901
Date first listed:
07-Apr-1983
Date of most recent amendment:
28-Oct-1994
Statutory Address:
ST PANCRAS AND ISLINGTON CEMETERY, CHURCH OF ENGLAND CHAPEL, HIGH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST PANCRAS AND ISLINGTON CEMETERY, CHURCH OF ENGLAND CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064901 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 01:49:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST PANCRAS AND ISLINGTON CEMETERY, CHURCH OF ENGLAND CHAPEL, HIGH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Barnet (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 26966 90376

Details



BARNET

TQ29SE HIGH ROAD,EAST FINCHLEY 31- /6/29 East side) 07/04/83 St Pancras and Islington Cemetery: Church of England Chapel

II

Cemetery chapel, erected at the joint expense of the Parishes of St Pancras and St Mary Islington, 1853 by John Barnett and William C Birch; builder John Glenn. Stone faced, slate roof. Cruciform plan with spire at crossing, with vestry and lavatories in north-west and south-west angles. Octagonal spire with finialed canopy work band above ridge line and ball-flowered, two-light befrey openings on alternate faces.Single tier of lucarnes. This chapel served both parishes until 1896, when St Mary Islington erected its own Anglican chapel.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
198965
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Nov 2006
Reference: IOE01/16166/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam Watson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].