THREE FISHES INN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072186
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
20-Feb-1984
Statutory Address:
THREE FISHES INN

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE FISHES INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072186 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jul-2019 at 03:33:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
THREE FISHES INN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Great Mitton
National Grid Reference:
SD 71434 39016

Details

GREAT MITTON SD 73 NW

12/95 Three Fishes Inn (formerly listed as Three Fishes Hotel) 16.11.1954 GV II

Public house, early-to-mid Cl9th. Pebbledashed rubble with modern tile roof. 2 storeys. Main part of building of 3 bays having sashed windows with plain stone surrounds. Between the 1st and 2nd bays is a door with plain stone surround. Above are 3 re-set medieval carved stones. The lower one has 3 blank cinquefoiled ogee arches in relief, with panel tracery above. The stone above has 3 carved fishes overlapping in a triangular pattern. The upper stone has a shield carved with a lion, within a cinquefoiled ogee arch. The right-hand part of the building, probably once a barn and stable, has a wide opening, now glazed, with stone surround and segmental head. Above is a sashed window with plain stone surround. Further right are a door with plain stone surround and a modern window with plain reveals. Above are 2 circular pitching holes, now glazed, with plain stone surrounds. No chimneys now remain, except for a truncated chimney cap on the left-hand gable.

Listing NGR: SD7143639007

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183267
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/04960/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr K. Foster. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].