HIGHER FAIRSNAPE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072915

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1967

Statutory Address: HIGHER FAIRSNAPE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGHER FAIRSNAPE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072915 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 01:05:39.

Location

Statutory Address: HIGHER FAIRSNAPE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Wyre (District Authority)

Parish: Bleasdale

National Grid Reference: SD 58296 45984

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BLEASDALE SD 54 NE 6/34 Higher Fairsnape Farmhouse 17-4-1967 GV II

House, 1637 and probably later C17, altered. Sandstone rubble, pebbledashed at front, with slate roof. 2 storeys with attic with one bay on each side of porch. The right-hand bay has a 6-light mullioned window with hollow chamfer, outer chamfer, and hood. Above on the 1st floor there is a 2-light window with rendered reveals and flat-faced mullion. The left-hand bay has a 3-light window with chamfered mullions and plain stone lintel. Above there is a 2-light rebated and chamfered mullioned window with sill lowered. The porch now has a catslide roof continuing the pitch of the main roof. The door has a rendered chamfered surround with hood. Above there is a carved stone coat of arms with inscription: 'RP [Robert Parkinson] 1637'. The inner door is now missing, but it has a chamfered surround with triangular head and a wooden draw bar housed in the thickness of the wall. The door opens into a lobby formed by a firehood baffle. The chamfered and stopped bressumer remains in the right-hand room. The rear wall has a blocked 2-light mullioned fire window, now covered by later extensions. The ceiling has a large chamfered axial beam and exposed common joists. The left-hand room has a moulded shouldered fireplace with segmental head within an earlier hearth which has a heck covered by wallpaper and a renewed bressumer. The attic over the left-hand part of the house has a roof truss with collar and raking queen struts. Attic over the right-hand part of the house, which is possibly earlier

Listing NGR: SD5829645984

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 185421

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing