THE CARRIAGE HOUSE, AND GATE PIERS TO GARDEN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1073474

Date first listed: 28-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 19-Jun-1985

Statutory Address: THE CARRIAGE HOUSE, AND GATE PIERS TO GARDEN, 51, 51A AND 51B, ST MICHAEL'S ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CARRIAGE HOUSE, AND GATE PIERS TO GARDEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073474 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 17:21:01.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CARRIAGE HOUSE, AND GATE PIERS TO GARDEN, 51, 51A AND 51B, ST MICHAEL'S ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 36918 87115

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 3687 ST. MICHAEL'S ROAD L17

36/1071 No.51,51A,51B The Carriage House, and gate piers to garden. (formerly listed as Holly Bank and gate to piers to garden of Holly Bank) 28.6.52 G.V. II* House formerly called Holly Bank, now divided. c.1815, for John Cragg. Stucco and slate roof. 2 storeys and 4 bays. Central 2 bays project under gable, diagonal buttresses. Flanking one-storey bays have diagonal buttresses and parapets with quatrefoil panels. Windows have chamfered reveals and label moulds. 3-light iron casements have ogival heads and iron framed diamond panes. Central entrance in recess with 4-centred head and 4-centred arch on shafts with traceried spandrels; half-glazed door.Side elvation to road has former stable entrance, stone pointed-arched openings (one with tracery and cusped spandrels). 2 small modern shop fronts added either side. Coachhouse entrance with round eye in gabled top projection. Side entrance to house with hood and iron cresting. Eaves on iron brackets, iron supports to chimney. Includes iron Gothic gate piers to rear garden, square, with open decorated tracery. Much of the detail is cast iron.

Listing NGR: SJ3691887115

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 359425

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing