CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1084396

Date first listed: 07-Dec-1962

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Jan-1989

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1084396 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Mar-2019 at 05:03:02.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Leicestershire

District: North West Leicestershire (District Authority)

Parish: Isley cum Langley

National Grid Reference: SK 42480 24992

Details

ISLEY CUM LANGLEY ISLEY WALTON SK 42 SW 4/112 Church of All Saints (formerly listed as 7.12.62 Chapel of All Saints - II

Parish church. Rebuilt 1819 by Joshua Harrison, much restored 1897. Further restored and interior refitted 1930s. Rendered, with stone plinth and slate roof. West tower, nave, south porch, north vestry, shallow chancel bay. West tower is of 2 stages and has embattled parapet with flat stone coping. Arched belfry opening on north side; rectangular openings to south and west, all chamfered. 3 clock faces. South side also has arched 2-light window with Y-tracery and cusped top-light. Window opening probably dates back to 1819, but tracery looks late C19. Nave has 3 bays of similar windows, and chamfered arched north door in gabled porch with arch. Above porch are 2 oval stone tablets inscribed with dates of rebuilding and 1897 restoration. Chancel bay has 3-light east window of same type as before. To south of church are later vestry and boiler room. Interior has early C19 roof trusses, a painted board with arms of William IV, a charity board, and a board with accounts of 1819 rebuilding. Stone font of baluster type, with lid, is early C19 in origin but has been restored.

Listing NGR: SK4248024992

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 358159

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing