ORCHARD COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1100460
Date first listed:
02-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
ORCHARD COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ORCHARD COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100460 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 04:03:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
ORCHARD COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
Dacorum (District Authority)
Parish:
Chipperfield
National Grid Reference:
TL 04564 01494

Details

CHIPPERFIELD THE COMMON TL 0401 (East side) 12/69 - Orchard Cottage

GV II

House. C17, brick cased in C18, rear extension 1959. Timber frame cased in red brick but exposed with brick infill in N gable. Steep old red tile roofs. A small 2-storeys and attic, 2 windows wide house facing W, with parallel matching rear extension. Large rear external chimney. W front has corbelled and dentilled eaves and 2 large brick buttresses added in C20. Small swept-roof dormer near roof ridge. Windows with 3-light flush leaded casements. Half-glazed door at LH linked by segmental arch to adjoining window. 2 tilehung S gables with C18 2-light attic window to LH and 2-light flush casement to 1st floor over hipped rectangular bay window. Fine lead cistern '1718' with arcading and strapwork.

Listing NGR: TL0456401494

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
157596
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/01897/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Tony Briselden. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].