LAPFORD BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1107001
Date first listed:
04-Nov-1985
Statutory Address:
LAPFORD BRIDGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LAPFORD BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107001 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 18:13:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
LAPFORD BRIDGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Mid Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Lapford
National Grid Reference:
SS 72656 08034

Details

LAPFORD SS 70 NW 4/64 Lapford Bridge - - II

Road bridge over River Yeo. Dated 1830, built by Roger Tyler for the Trustees of the Exeter Turnpike. Snecked mudstone and volcanic trap including rusticated ashlar arch and parapet; granite coping and string course. Single span bridge. Vertical abutments and segmental arch in which some of the ashlar voussoirs are incised to appear as 2 headers for regularity. Plain granite string course at road level ramps slightly towards centre. Rusticated ashlar parapet carries granite coping which is weathered slightly on each side. On each side the walls curve outwards to terminal piers which project externally only. The inner face of the north-eastern parapet includes a granite plaque with moulded frame and concave corners inscribed 'Lapford Bridge. Erected Anno 1830 at the expense of the Trustees of the Exeter Turnpike. Roger Tyler. Builder."

Listing NGR: SS7265608034

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
96515
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Mar 2006
Reference: IOE01/14470/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr A J L B Rodwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].