THE OLD VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1107927

Date first listed: 21-May-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, BOUGHTON HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107927 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:55:24.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD VICARAGE, BOUGHTON HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Swale (District Authority)

Parish: Dunkirk

National Grid Reference: TR 07414 58846

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TR 05 NE DUNKIRK BOUGHTON HILL (South side)

5/92 The Old Vicarage

GV II

Vicarage, now 2 houses. 1842 with later extensions. Knapped flint and slated roof. Irregular plan in Jacobethan style. Two storeys and attic on moulded plinth. Two gables to left and centre left with pendant bargeboards. Projecting polygonal wing to centre right with flat roofed dormer and recessed wing to right. Groups of diagonal set stacks to left, centre and centre right. Irregular fenestration of 4 three light mullioned windows on first floor and 3 three light transomed windows on ground floor, with mullioned lights in recessed wing. Gabled porch to left with ribbed door in four centred arched surround, with cross and inscription: Ascension Day 1842 carved over the door. Built with the church and school after the Courtenay riots of 1838 (see Christ Church Dunkirk)

Listing NGR: TR0741458846

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 176696

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing