ST GILES ALMSHOUSES AND WALLS AND RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113093

Date first listed: 15-Jan-1973

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Jan-1999

Statutory Address: ST GILES ALMSHOUSES AND WALLS AND RAILINGS, 17A, MACKLIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST GILES ALMSHOUSES AND WALLS AND RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113093 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 16:57:17.

Location

Statutory Address: ST GILES ALMSHOUSES AND WALLS AND RAILINGS, 17A, MACKLIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 30369 81360

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ3081SW MACKLIN STREET 798-1/105/1095 (North side) 15/01/73 No.17A St Giles's Almshouses and walls and railings (Formerly Listed as: MACKLIN STREET St Giles' Almshouses)

GV II

Quadrangle of 4 almshouses. Founded 1665, erected on this site 1790 and rebuilt 1885 by Edward Henry Burnell. Yellow stock brick with red brick bands, strings and stone dressings. Fishscale tile roofs with gables. Jacobean style. 2 ranges forming 2 sides of quadrangle, 2 double fronted cottages in each, all with 3 windows each. 2 storeys. Arched doorways with dripmoulds with foliated labels, fanlights and ledged and braced doors in slightly projecting gabled entrance bays with oculus in the gable. Transom and mullion windows with C20 glazing. INTERIORS: simple. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached boundary walls with stone coping surmounted by cast-iron railings. On wall at south end of quadrangle of almshouses an inscribed York Stone tablet, dated 1790, recording former almshouses on the site; also a tablet dated 1885 recording the rebuilding of the almshouses.





Listing NGR: TQ3036681361

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 477470

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing