RIVERSIDE GARDEN PAVILION AT CAVERSHAM COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1113447

Date first listed: 22-Mar-1957

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Dec-1978

Statutory Address: RIVERSIDE GARDEN PAVILION AT CAVERSHAM COURT, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RIVERSIDE GARDEN PAVILION AT CAVERSHAM COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1113447 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 01:51:41.

Location

Statutory Address: RIVERSIDE GARDEN PAVILION AT CAVERSHAM COURT, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Reading (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SU 70833 74809

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH ROAD 1. 5128 (South Side) Caversham Riverside Garden Pavilion at Caversham Court (Formerly listed as Caversham Court Garden) SU 7074 11/263A 22.3.57. II 2. Early to mid C17 probably. Said to bear date 1617. Built by the Lovedays of Caversham Court. Reached by a raised walk (qv) from the main axial terrace (qv). At the south-west corner of the garden. 2 storeys square plan, 1st floor timber framed and entered from raised terrace. The ground floor forms a battered basement and is built of brick. An early example of Flemish bond. Hipped old tile roof. The 1st floor room, intended to give a view of the river has original casement window of the "Ipswich" type to south and to east, and an original 6 panel door. The west entrance to the ground floor room has a rusticated surround of flint. The south side has a blind oculus which possibly once had cruciform opening. Altered doorway to east. Formerly had windvane dated 1663.

Listing NGR: SU7083374809

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 38864

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing