THE COURT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1119325

Date first listed: 11-Jul-1951

Statutory Address: THE COURT HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE COURT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119325 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 17:41:47.

Location

Statutory Address: THE COURT HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Poyntington

National Grid Reference: ST 64990 19978

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

POYNTINGTON POYNTINGTON VILLAGE ST 61 NW The Court House 5/109 11.7.51 GV II*

Former Court House, now farmhouse. Late C14 core, much rebuilt (north wing) in C17. Extension of the south wing has the initials and date W.A. 1720. Windows in east wall, restored C19. Rubble-stone walls, with dressed stone quoins. Slate roof with stone slates to eaves and stone gable-copings. C19 brick stacks, two on the main ridge, and one on the north gable end. Plan: main range, with north and south cross-wings. East elevation: central section. 2 storeys. 3 windows, and two door positions. Centre ground-floor windows: two coupled lancets with quatrefoil in head under pointed arches. Returned labels over. First floor has three 3-light C20 wood casements with glazing-bars. Wood cills. The doorways at left and right hand ends, have straight-chamfered jambs and pointed-segmental heads. Labels over. C19 plank doors. South cross-wing, east gable end has two loop lights to a basement stage; two-light straight-chamfered stone mullion window, C17, label, and immediately over this a coupled lancet window with quatrefoil over. Possible former solar end. South cross-wing extended to west in C18. Rubble-stone steps up to west gable end. Plank door, studded. Side wall has a heavy plank door with wood framing. North cross-wing, shorter than south wing, has a plank door at rear, up 4 stone steps. North wall of this wing has a projecting rubble built bay, with pentice stone slate roof. Interior: the central block has heavy chamfered ceiling beams (RCHM). Interior access not obtained. (RCHM, Dorset I, p 189(4)).

Listing NGR: ST6497819979

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 105651

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Dorset, (1974), 189

End of official listing