FORD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1123244

Date first listed: 10-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: FORD HOUSE, ELMS HALL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1123244 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 14:28:17.

Location

Statutory Address: FORD HOUSE, ELMS HALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree (District Authority)

Parish: Colne Engaine

National Grid Reference: TL 84596 29809

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 82 NW COLNE ENGAINE ELMS HALL ROAD (south side)

5/13 Ford House

- II

House. C18. Timber framed, weatherboarded and plastered, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Rectangular plan facing NE, with one axial stack to left of middle, and one C19/20 stack at right end in front pitch of roof. Single-storey lean-to extension at right end. 2 storeys and attic. 2-window range of early C19 sashes of 16 lights with crown glass, and one fixed light in extension. Off-centre door of 6 fielded panels in simple doorcase with moulded open pediment. Front of house plastered, the remainder weatherboarded. The rear elevation has a 4-window range of C20 casements and a C20 French window. Formerly a miller's house, associated with watermill known as White's demolished in 1917 (H. Benham, Some Essex Water Mills, 1976, 78). The owner reports that newspapers dated 1770 were found under wallpaper.

Listing NGR: TL8459629809

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 115862

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Benham, H, Some Essex Water Mills, (1976), 78

End of official listing