BLUEYS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1125634

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1955

Statutory Address: BLUEYS FARMHOUSE, FRIETH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLUEYS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1125634 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 04:15:32.

Location

Statutory Address: BLUEYS FARMHOUSE, FRIETH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Wycombe (District Authority)

Parish: Great Marlow

National Grid Reference: SU 81987 89222

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT MARLOW FRIETH ROAD SU 88 NW 4/27 Blueys Farmhouse 21.6.55 - II House. Early C17., part rebuilt Cl9, refurbished and extended C20. Timber frame with brick and whitewashed render infill. The infill much renewed. S. front part rebuilt in brick. Old tile roofs. Chimney of thin brick with pilaster and off-set head to centre of W. wing; other later matching chimneys. Originally L-plan with lower range at E. end; E. range raised and given gabled projection to S. C20. 1½ storeys, approximately 4 bays. C20 leaded casements, those to upper storey in gabled dormers or semi-dormers. S. front has C20 canted bay window to second bay. N. front has right bay gabled and projecting with catslide extension to left side, and lean-to with C20 gabled porch to right of centre. Formerly known as Finnamore Farmhouse. RCHM I p. 169 Mon.4 and Plate XXX.

Listing NGR: SU8198789222

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 46911

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

End of official listing