THE OLD FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127721

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: THE OLD FARM, 108, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127721 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 19:31:55.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD FARM, 108, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Great Abington

National Grid Reference: TL 53142 48324

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5248 GREAT ABINGTON HIGH STREET (West Side)

11/19 No. 108 (The Old Farm)

GV II

House, formerly a farmhouse. C15 with mid C16 insertions and C17 addition. Timber-framed and plastered with exposed timber-frame in south gable. Thatched roof. Two ridge stacks. One storey and attic. C20 boarded door in an original four-centred arched door head to left hand in cross passage position. Seven replacement casement windows of various sizes with leaded lights. Three casement dormer windows. Interior: Three unit plan, substantial timber-frame with interrupted tie beam to south gable; sealed ground floor diamond mullioned window and evidence for other windows; two-bay open hall with display truss removed for C16 roll-moulded ceiling beams. Mantel beam inserted into south wall of hall possibly for a timber-framed chimney. C19 hearth inserted in north wall. Smoke blackened crown post roof almost complete with plain crown posts and straight braces. Rear C17 wing with large red brick stack in chimney bay. The farmhouse was converted into cottages in the C19 and restored in c.1930.

Map. Gt. Abington 1687, C.R.0.

Listing NGR: TL5314248324

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51863

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing