STABLE BLOCK 20 YARDS WEST OF HATLEY PARK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128155

Date first listed: 03-Sep-1986

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK 20 YARDS WEST OF HATLEY PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK 20 YARDS WEST OF HATLEY PARK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128155 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 06:24:11.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE BLOCK 20 YARDS WEST OF HATLEY PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Hatley

National Grid Reference: TL 27517 50990

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HATLEY HATLEY ST GEORGE TL 25SE (South side) 4/100 Stable block 20 yards west of Hatley Park

GV II

Stable block round a courtyard. Early C18 but mainly c.1879. Red brick, plain tiled roofs with glazed timber cupola, recently restored, rising to a tapering, slender roof of patterned slates and lead. On the west side a timber clock turret with bell shaped roof and symmetrical turned columns at the corners. Clock with Roman numerals is dated 1879 by Dent. Ranges round an irregular rectangular yard. Flanking the entrance on the north side are cottages for domestic staff. Two storeys with shaped brackets to the eaves of the half hipped roofs. Round headed arches to the windows with a pivot light in the arch. In the south wall, there is early C18 brickwork and a window arch of same date. In 1879 the house was owned by John Carbery Evans.

RCHM: West Cambs mon (3) VCH: Cambs vol V p107

Listing NGR: TL2751750990

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52763

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1973), 107
Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 5 Cambridgeshire,

End of official listing