BARN ABOUT 15 METRES WEST OF COURT FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1128874

Date first listed: 05-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: BARN ABOUT 15 METRES WEST OF COURT FARMHOUSE, THE POUND

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN ABOUT 15 METRES WEST OF COURT FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1128874 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 17:17:17.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN ABOUT 15 METRES WEST OF COURT FARMHOUSE, THE POUND

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Almondsbury

National Grid Reference: ST 60198 84124

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 68 SW ALMONDSBURY THE POUND (south side)

12/47 Barn about 15 metres west of Court Farmhouse G.V. II

Barn. C16 with later additions. Rubble with stone dressings, brick, pantiled and double Roman tiled roofs. T-plan. South front has 2 doors in Tudor arched heads, one door with segmental head, 2 ventilation slits, 2 upper loading doors and the blocked window, 4 weathered buttresses, C20 brick extension to south east side of cross wing, lower east stable wing of 2 storeys has central door with window to each side, all with segmental heads, 1st floor has closed timber mullioned window to right and loading door to left. North front has 5 ventilation slits, 2 blocked openings at upper level with Tudor arched heads, one to left with ventilation slit inserted, loading door to right above ground level, 5 weathered buttresses, quoins, gable end of cross wing has blocked upper window and C19 3-light casement at 1st floor level both under timber lintel. West side has cart entry in segmental head and single window. Interior: main barn has 7 bays with tier beam trusses, cambered collars, windbraces in 3 bays of south side. (Sources: Hall, Linda : Rural House of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720. 1983).

Listing NGR: ST6019884124

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 35141

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

End of official listing