CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129634

Date first listed: 04-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129634 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 05:53:19.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Chew Stoke

National Grid Reference: ST 55629 61942

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 56 SE CHEW STOKE C.P. CHURCH LANE (north side)

3/73 Church Farmhouse

II

Farmhouse. Late C16/early C17 origin, later C17 addition to right, rear block and rear wing added c.1887 with later additions and alterations. Limestone rubble, painted brick front, double Roman tiled roof with gable stacks, pantiled rear wing. Originally cross passage, blocked by C19 addition, L-plan. 2 storeys and 5 windows, all C19 casements, all 2-light except ground and first floor right 3-light; 3rd bay from left has studded plank and batten door in C19 frame lead canopied porch on wooden frame, single storey stable attached to left with 2 stable doors, with timber lintels, single storey outhouse attached to right with 2-light casement. Left return has loading door to stable. Rear has 2-storey C19 addition forming 2-span roof, 6-pane sash at first floor left return and two 4-pane sashes at first floor with segmental heads and brick surrounds, ground floor has two 2-light and one 3-light casement; 2-storey rear wing lower than main house, has C20 ground floor window to each side and raking dormer at left return, single storey addition to rear, gable end with raised coped verges and stack; rear additions probably originally single storey only. Interior: wide passage/entry hall has C19 winder stair to rear and stud screen to left; room to left has large fireplace with stone jambs and heavy lintel, moulded beam; room to right of passage has framed ceiling in 6 panels, plain beams with very deep chamfers, wall carved to rear left, probably site of original stair; wall to right has recess, possibly for former door and door to end room to right; beams with narrower chamfers and wide fireplace with C20 lintel. 2 bays of roof to right visible, with 2 principal rafters and arched-brace, 4 bays to left with principal rafters, 2 rows of purlins and ridge purlin. Associated farm buildings not of special architectural value, but in similar style to rear of house and dated 1887.

Listing NGR: ST5562961942

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 32969

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing