CLEASBY AND STAPLETON VILLAGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1131361

Date first listed: 29-Jan-1988

Statutory Address: CLEASBY AND STAPLETON VILLAGE HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLEASBY AND STAPLETON VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1131361 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 14:25:51.

Location

Statutory Address: CLEASBY AND STAPLETON VILLAGE HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Richmondshire (District Authority)

Parish: Cleasby

National Grid Reference: NZ 24974 12995

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CLEASBY CLEASBY NZ 21 SW 4/10 Cleasby and Stapleton Village Hall

GV II

School, now village hall. 1848. For Thomas Pease. White brick with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roofs. T-shaped plan. Single storey. 2:1 bays to road, the main range to right projecting forward and subsidiary range to left, with porch in the angle. Left range: brick plinth; raised ashlar quoins to left; windows of 2 round-arched lights with ashlar surrounds and mullions; 6-panel door in flat-roofed ashlar porch with 2 square Tuscan columns and antae behind, oversailing eaves; roof hipped to left. Right range: taller; ashlar plinth; raised ashlar quoins; 4-light matching window; oversailing eaves; hipped roof. At junction of the two roofs, bell turret: corniced ashlar base, with brick sides to opening, keyed round-arched ashlar top to opening; deep ashlar cornice; coved lead roof. Built as a Friends' Day School, it was merged with the village's Robinson School and conducted as a British School. Methodists held their Sunday service here until a chapel was built in Cleasby in 1903. T Bulmer, History, Topography and Directory of North Yorkshire (1890), p 402; VCH i, pp 158-160. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: NZ2497412995

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 322649

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Bulmer, T, History Topography and Directory of North Yorkshire, (1890), 402
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of York: North Riding, (1914), 158-160

End of official listing