8, PICCADILLY BD1

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1132928

Date first listed: 09-Aug-1983

Statutory Address: 8, PICCADILLY BD1

Map

Ordnance survey map of 8, PICCADILLY BD1
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1132928 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 04:52:55.

Location

Statutory Address: 8, PICCADILLY BD1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 16371 33252

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 PICCADILLY BD1 (east side)

No 8 SE 1633 SW 36/959

II GV

2. Dated 1871, former History and Scientific Institute. Italianate and slight Renaissance details. Three tall storeys, dressed sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings and ground floor. Three bay front. On ground floor window bays flanked by grooved piers rising from plinth, foliate band coping Entablature with blocking courses as sill band to first floor; second floor sill band. Deep modillion bracket eaves cornice. Shop fronts inserted to ground floor window bays and modern glazed shop doors to centre. The upper part of original doorway survives with large console brackets supporting balconette with pierced circle balustrade. Two light windows, with foliate capped pilasters dividing, in eared architrave surrounds on first floor. The centre window is narrower and has flanking pilasters frieze and pediment with acroterion. Plaque above in centre of top floor with medallion relief of eagle and inscription. The flanking windows have plain dividing mullions.

Listing NGR: SE1637133252

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 337008

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing