EASTBROOK HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1133041

Date first listed: 09-Jun-1981

Statutory Address: 57, 59, 59A, LEEDS ROAD BD1

Statutory Address: EASTBROOK HALL, LEEDS ROAD BD1

Map

Ordnance survey map of EASTBROOK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133041 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 06:05:03.

Location

Statutory Address: 57, 59, 59A, LEEDS ROAD BD1

Statutory Address: EASTBROOK HALL, LEEDS ROAD BD1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: SE1680633051

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5111 LEEDS ROAD BDl

Nos 57, 59, 59A and Eastbrook Hall SE 1633 SE 37/709 9.6.81

II

2. 1903. W J Morley and Son, architects. A large sandstone ashlar 4 storey block built for the Methodists. The elevations designed in a mixture of Jacobean and Renaissance details popular in Bradford for public buildings at the turn of the century. Panelled pilasters articulate the front on each floor between moulded sill courses. Elaborate segmental and triangular pediments over centre lights of tripartite dormers, baluster shafts dividing the lights. Tripartite mullioned windows to main floors. Shop fronts on ground floor. The central entrance bay has a large segmental portal (elaborate partly leaded glazing to upper part) rising into first floor with oriel bay window above. Corbelled pinnacled buttresses flank this upper level and rising above the parapet, decorated with urns, is a graceful octagonal drum with archivolt lights and Ionic columns supporting a copper dome with crowning lantern. The dome makes an important contribution to the skyline of the Vicar Lane area. Long range extending back along Chapel Street with mullioned windows and gables.

Listing NGR: SE1680633051

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 336714

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing