This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

UNION CROFT CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: UNION CROFT CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL

List entry Number: 1133584

Location

UNION CROFT CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL, HALIFAX ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Bradford

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1982

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Mar-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 337398

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE02NE QUEENSBURY HALIFAX ROAD (west side) Ambler Thorn

6/24 Union Croft 30th April 1982 Congregational Chapel (formerly listed as United Reformed Church)

II

Congregational chapel. Dated 1842, with 1925 addition. Dressed sandstone. Stone slate roof. Two storeys. Three-bay symmetrical gable front. Central, panelled, double door with stone slab canopy on carved brackets. 4-pane casement windows. Central lst-floor sash window. Round-arched light in gable apex and. tablet which reads:

UNION CROFT CHAPEL AD 1842

Gable copings returned as springers. 1925 addition at rear with many memorial stones in gable end. Three-bay side elevations.

Interior: Organ loft and choir gallery with central pulpit, with panelled front. Elaborately carved organ case, probably c1925. Gallery to rear and sides, with panelled fronts, on cast-iron columns. Box pews to gallery. Pews to ground floor and choir gallery c1880.

F. Barrett, A History of Queensbury, 1963.

Listing NGR: SE0934229445

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 09342 29445

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1133584 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 10:39:30.

End of official listing