GUMHURN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1137141

Date first listed: 05-Dec-1984

Statutory Address: GUMHURN FARMHOUSE, GUMHURN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GUMHURN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137141 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 17:43:20.

Location

Statutory Address: GUMHURN FARMHOUSE, GUMHURN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Pilning and Severn Beach

National Grid Reference: ST 56664 84976

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 58 SE PILNING AND SEVERN GUMHURN LANE BEACH

11/232 Gumhurn Farmhouse

- II

Farmhouse. Mid C17 with later alterations. Rubble, rendered, mixed pantiled and double Roman tiled roof with brick and stone gable stacks. L-plan, through passage. 2½ storeys, 2 windows, 3-light casements at ground floor, 2-light at 1st floor, all C20, 2 gables rising nearly to ridge height each with small window at apex, to right with iron lattice, central C20 gabled porch, heavily studded door with strap hinges in chamfered frame; single storey lean- to to left and right. Rear has similar door with ovolo moulded lintel, C20 3-light casement to left, similar 2-light window with timber lintel at 1st floor, single gable to left with small fixed light; former dairy wing to right of 2 storeys, C20 door and 6-pane fixed light, 1st floor has loading door and similar window; single storey extension to right with door. Interior: scroll moulded beams with converging stops; east door and small blocked north window have ovolo moulded frames, fireplace with scroll-moulded lintel with dentils and converging stops, brick oven. Cider mill with grinding stone in yard dated 1707. (Sources: Hall, Linda : Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720. 1983).

Listing NGR: ST5666484976

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 35337

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hall, L, 'City of Bristol Museum and Art Gallery Monograph Number 6' in The Rural Houses of North Avon and South Gloucestershire 1400-1720, (1983)

End of official listing