OUTBUILDING (FORMER HOUSE) 100 METRES WEST OF DAVIES FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1137218

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1984

Statutory Address: OUTBUILDING (FORMER HOUSE) 100 METRES WEST OF DAVIES FARM HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OUTBUILDING (FORMER HOUSE) 100 METRES WEST OF DAVIES FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137218 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 03:01:48.

Location

Statutory Address: OUTBUILDING (FORMER HOUSE) 100 METRES WEST OF DAVIES FARM HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: North Tamerton

National Grid Reference: SX 31380 98262

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NORTH TAMERTON SX 39 NW 8/14 Outbuilding (former house) 100 metres west of Davies Farm House

II

Farmhouse; used as store. Circa C17 or earlier, extended and remodelled in C18. Slate rubble, original lower end rendered cob. Corrugated iron roof with gabled ends. Probably originally a 3-room and cross or through passage plan, the higher end largely rebuilt to 2-storey, 4 window house with end stacks, the stack at lower end may have been originally the axial stack which would have backed onto the cross passage. C19 and C20 3-light casements central doorway with panelled door. 2 reset stones on front wall 1 inscribed "W.S.", the other has date "1516". Lower end has steeply pitched roof and 3-light chamfered wooden mullion window in gable end, on ground floor. Cob wing at rear with gable end stack and later outshut in the angle, at lower end. Interior not inspected but is said to have plaster overmantle dated 1662. Source: Cornish Buildings Group, G Daw

Listing NGR: SX3138098262

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 67201

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing