This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

1-33 CLAREMONT COURT, FORMER MAIN BLOCK OF ST ANDREW'S VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED JUNIOR SCHOOL AND TWO CLASSROOM BLOCKS TO NORTH AND SOUTH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 1-33 CLAREMONT COURT, FORMER MAIN BLOCK OF ST ANDREW'S VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED JUNIOR SCHOOL AND TWO CLASSROOM BLOCKS TO NORTH AND SOUTH

List entry Number: 1137660

Location

1-33 CLAREMONT COURT, FORMER MAIN BLOCK OF ST ANDREW'S VOLUNTARY CONTROLLED JUNIOR SCHOOL AND TWO CLASSROOM BLOCKS TO NORTH AND SOUTH, ROSE LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Central Bedfordshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Biggleswade

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 07-Dec-1978

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 37470

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 1944 1/48 5124

ROSE LANE (West Side) 1-33 Claremont Court, Former Main block of St Andrew's Voluntary Controlled Junior School and 2 classroom blocks to north and south

(Formerly listed as Main block of St Andrew's Voluntary Controlled Junior School and 2 classroom blocks to north and south)

II

Opened 1875. Plans drawn up 1874 by Thomas Elworthy of Hastings. Gault brick with red brick dressings. Long, low one storey block divided by central bell turret into 2 symmetrical sections for boys and girls, each with 2 forward projecting gables. Slate roof with terracotta ridge tiles and retaining all louvres. Gable coping surmounted by small crosses. Projecting gable ends have fine tall 3-light windows, central light has pointed arch and geometric glazing. Other windows are simpler with shallow arched head. All have glazing bars. Separated small similar blocks, now classrooms, to either end, same date and style.



Listing NGR: TL1907744812

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 19077 44812

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137660 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 08:29:10.

End of official listing