HOME FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1138735

Date first listed: 26-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: HOME FARMHOUSE, NEW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOME FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1138735 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 05:47:31.

Location

Statutory Address: HOME FARMHOUSE, NEW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Moreton cum Alcumlow

National Grid Reference: SJ 84474 59800

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MORETON CUM ALCUMLOW C.P. NEW ROAD SJ 85 NW 7/40 Home Farmhouse - GV II

Home Farmhouse to Great Moreton Hall. Dated 1871. Shuttered concrete with ashlar dressings and a plain tile roof. The entrance front has a projecting gabled bay at right which has a canted bay window to the ground and first floors. Cross-window to the centre with glazing of lattice pattern with metal glazing bars and similar single-light windows to the angles set in a chamfered concrete surround. Below the first floor windows are rectangular panels with diamond-pointed rustication to the central panel. Similar fenestration at first floor level to that at ground floor level and a hipped roof above. The projecting plinth to this wing is of concrete but the chamfered quoins to the corners are of ashlar. To left of this and slightly recessed are two bays, that at ground floor right having a ½-glazed doorway with a lean-to porch before it in the re-entrant angle, supported on chamfered ashlar piers. To left of this is a cross-window with metal frame and the first floor has a 2-light and a single-light casement at left and right respectively. The right hand side has a projecting gabled bay to the centre with ashlar quoins to the corners and having a similar bay window to that on the entrance front. At either side are cross-windows to the ground floor and 2-light casements to the first floor, again with metal glazing bars of lattice pattern. To the apex of the central gable is a shield with projecting lettering which reads GHA/HSA/1871. Gabled chimney-stack at right with two Tudor chimney pots of moulded terra-cotta. Ridge stack at left of centre with 4 similarly decorated pots.

Listing NGR: SJ8447459800

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 56511

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing