TRAGO FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140310

Date first listed: 30-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: TRAGO FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRAGO FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140310 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 05:10:01.

Location

Statutory Address: TRAGO FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Pinnock

National Grid Reference: SX1814864076

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 16 SE ST PINNOCK

4/101 Trago Farmhouse -

- II

Farmhouse, circa early to mid C18, late C18 wing to rear and C19 outshut. Rubble stone with scantle slate roof with gabled ends. Large projecting stack, rendered with brick shaft on left-hand gable end. Stone stack heightened with brick on right hand gable end. Rendered south front to projecting wing on rear. 2-room with cross passage plan extended to form 'L' shape with wing on west. Outshut contains dairy and butterwalk in angle on north-west. 2 storeys, regular 3 window east front with windows in original openings. Ground floor openings under cut stone segmental arches with slate cills. Early C19 16-pane sash on left and with circa 1970 3-light window with glazing bars on right. Glazed C20 door near centre. First floor windows; early C19 16-pane sash with later 8-pane sash and late C19 4-pane sashes to right. Later fireplaces and renewed ceiling beams to interior. Roof of 7 bays with chamfered collars , pegged. Formerly belonged to Earls of Radnor and then as Barton Farm to Clifton Estate, Lanhydrock. Records extant in Lanhydrock. Also mentioned by Rev. Samuel Dunn in Life of Adam Clarke, 1876, p83. Joseph Polsue Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, 1867-73 reprint 1974, Vol IV.

Listing NGR: SX1814864076

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60602

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Dunn, Reverend S, Life of Adam Clarke, (1876), 83
Polsue, J, Lakes Parochial History of the County of Cornwall, (1872)

End of official listing