STABLES IN YARD 100 METRES TO WEST OF NEWTON FERRERS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140814

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: STABLES IN YARD 100 METRES TO WEST OF NEWTON FERRERS HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES IN YARD 100 METRES TO WEST OF NEWTON FERRERS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140814 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 22:02:35.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLES IN YARD 100 METRES TO WEST OF NEWTON FERRERS HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Mellion

National Grid Reference: SX3462465909

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST MELLION NEWTON FERRERS SX 36 NW 7/257 Stables in yard 100m to west of Newton Ferrers House

GV II

Stables, with accommodation above. Now converted to form store, domestic accommodation with 1 bay of stalls. 1688 (datestone). Coursed slate stone with large granite quoins. Asbestos slate roof with hipped ends and hipped projecting wing on south west. Shallow projecting wing on north west with gable end. 3 short brick lateral stacks to serve accommodation above stables on east. 2 storeys, originally symmetrical 7-window front with central bay set slightly forward. Later projecting wing on right blocks seventh bay. Ground floor with 4 plank doors with fanlights above. A further 2 entrances have been partly blocked with 2-light casements inserted. Above central entrance, heraldic shield with datestone 1688. Above six 2-light late C19 casements. On left-hand side wall, central tall round dressed stone arch with granite quoins. Dressed stone arches to flanking casements and those above. Interior Central bay with timber stable stalls surviving. Interior partly inspected.

Listing NGR: SX3462465909

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 61422

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing