This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LIMEKILN 250 METRES TO SOUTH OF LANDLOOE BRIDGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LIMEKILN 250 METRES TO SOUTH OF LANDLOOE BRIDGE

List entry Number: 1140838

Location

LIMEKILN 250 METRES TO SOUTH OF LANDLOOE BRIDGE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Keyne

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 61385

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 25 NW ST KEYNE

13/252 Limekiln 250 m to south of Landlooe Bridge

II

Limekiln, disused. Circa 1830s. Stone rubble. Square in plan with round dressed stone arches on north and south. Southern arch blocked to rear. Northern arch with opening through to circular flue within. Built into side of bank with ground rising to west to aid top axcess. Built about 75 metres to west of Liskeard and Looe union canal which would have provided cheap transport for the lime. The canal was authorised in 1825 for agricultural purposes, to link Liskeard with tidal water at Looe. As the canal traffic expanded, the canal was replaced by the Liskeard and Caradon Railway, authorised by act of 1843 and opened in 1846.

Listing NGR: SX2488459340

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 24884 59340

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140838 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 12:01:22.

End of official listing