BARN AND PIGGERY AT REAR OF BOCHYM MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141749

Date first listed: 22-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: BARN AND PIGGERY AT REAR OF BOCHYM MANOR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AND PIGGERY AT REAR OF BOCHYM MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141749 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 00:17:20.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN AND PIGGERY AT REAR OF BOCHYM MANOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cury

National Grid Reference: SW 69034 20791

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 62 SE CURY

3/4 Barn and piggery at rear of Bochym - Manor House GV II

Barn and piggery, partly ruinous. Barn 1850 (datestone) and other buildings probably slightly later. Serpentine rubble walls with granite sills, lintels and voussoirs. Gable ended or hipped scantle slate roofs; 2 gable ends with serpentine ashlar chimneys. Overall U-shaped plan of farm buildings enclosing rectangular yard with Bochym Cottage qv. and its rear wing adjoining and forming east side. Principal 2-storey bank barn forms most of west range with single-storey building at left (south) end linked to south range with covered carriageway entrance and single storey piggery north range of one large rectangular covered space adjoining at right-hand side of barn front. East front of barn, single-storey coach-house at left, otherwise 2 storeys. Barn front was originally symmetrical with central carriage doorway, with window over, flanked by 2 identical 3-bay fronts with central doorway with loading or winnowing doorways over and flanking ground and first floor windows. Right-hand part now with doors partly blocked to form windows and the 2 left-hand windows cut deeper to make doorways. Some original latticed windows survive. The wide central barn doorway is spanned by an elliptical arch, and the coach house, left, has similar arched doorway. The lintel over the left-hand ground floor barn doorway has the date 1850 in raised lettering. These buildings are part of a substantial planned C19 group relating to Bochym Manor House qv.

Listing NGR: SW6903420791

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 65163

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing