TREVERGY FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING FARMBUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141756

Date first listed: 22-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: TREVERGY FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING FARMBUILDING

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREVERGY FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING FARMBUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141756 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 12:59:54.

Location

Statutory Address: TREVERGY FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING FARMBUILDING

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cury

National Grid Reference: SW 67195 22150

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 62 SE CURY

Trevergy Farmhouse and adjoining 3/17 farmbuilding - II

Farmhouse and adjoining farmbuilding. Circa early-mid C18 and extended in 1825. Painted shale rubble with rendered cob to first floor of original front, slate sills and wooden lintels, granite lintels to C19 part. Steep corrugated asbestos roof (formerly thatched) with brick chimneys over gable ends of C18 part and lower pitched scantle slate roof adjoining left-hand gable end and continuing over adjoining farmbuilding with further brick chimney over cross party wall between. Plan of hall/kitchen, left, and parlour right, central passage between originally leading to C18 stair within wing at right angles to middle of rear, enlarged in the C19 and further 2-storey 1-room addition on lower ground adjoining at left of hall/kitchen and integral with farmbuilding to far left. 2 storeys. Nearly symmetrical 3-window C18 front with 1-window domestic front adjoining at left. C18 front has central doorway within C20 glazed porch. Square window with circa early C19 12-pane 2-light horizontal sliding sash over doorway. Other window openings are wider but with similar early C19 horizontal sliding sashes to ground floor and C20 windows over, C19 front, left, has similar early C19 window to first floor, ledged door to ground floor right and C20 casement in original opening left of doorway. Farmbuilding front far left is little altered with rubble walls unpainted. Interior has much original circa early-mid C18 carpentry and joinery including upper flight of stair with splat twist balusters, ovolo-moulded beams, built-in settle on left of entry; large hearth with oven; dentilled cornice in parlour and feet of original trusses exposed below plaster ceiling of bedrooms. Large hearth in C19 addition has reused C17 chamfered granite jamb. Date of C19 extension recorded in roof plaster with the name Samuel Lugg. James Boaden inscribed elsewhere with dates of 1863, 1877 and 1886. Old photograph, rephotographed for N.M.R., shows house with thatched roof and granite coped walled courtyard at front.

Listing NGR: SW6719522150

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 65176

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing