This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PAIR OF GATE PIERS AND GATE ABOUT 125 METRES SOUTH EAST OF TREWARDREVA HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PAIR OF GATE PIERS AND GATE ABOUT 125 METRES SOUTH EAST OF TREWARDREVA HOUSE

List entry Number: 1142139

Location

PAIR OF GATE PIERS AND GATE ABOUT 125 METRES SOUTH EAST OF TREWARDREVA HOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Constantine

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 10-Jul-1957

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 66052

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 73 SW CONSTANTINE

5/67 Pair of gate-piers and gate about 125 metres south east of 10.7.57 Trewardreva House

GV II*

Pair of gate-piers and gate to drive carriagway to Trewardreva House qv. Circa 1719 and late C19 gate, possibly re-erected here in circa 1860 when this drive is said to have been formed. Tall granite ashlar piers, square-on-plan with moulded plinths and cyma moulded cornices with ball finials. Late C19 wooden gate with diagonal bracing. 7 bars and stiles with finials. The flanking drystone granite rubble walls are C20 or possibly late C19. The drive to Trewardreva House originally is said to have been situated south of the house and moved here in 1860, but according to Henderson this entrance is the only remaining one of the three original entrances, the gate-piers of one of the other entrances being at Bosvathick House (pair of gate-piers and stiles immediately north east of Boswathick House Lodge qv). Source: Charles Henderson. A History of the Parish of Constantine in Cornwall. page 78.

Listing NGR: SW7270930070

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Henderson, C, A History of the Parish of Constantine in Cornwall78

National Grid Reference: SW7270930070

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1142139 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 12:41:27.

End of official listing