HARBOUR WHARFS AND PIERS INCLUDING THE TWO LIGHT-HOUSES (ONE DISUSED)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1143383

Date first listed: 04-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: HARBOUR WHARFS AND PIERS INCLUDING THE TWO LIGHT-HOUSES (ONE DISUSED)

Map

Ordnance survey map of HARBOUR WHARFS AND PIERS INCLUDING THE TWO LIGHT-HOUSES (ONE DISUSED)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143383 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 21:08:03.

Location

Statutory Address: HARBOUR WHARFS AND PIERS INCLUDING THE TWO LIGHT-HOUSES (ONE DISUSED)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Ives

National Grid Reference: SW5208840784

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 54 SW 1/280

Harbour wharfs and piers including the two light-houses (one disused) 4.6.52.

II* Smeaton's Pier to the north east of the harbour was built between 1767 and 1770, designed by John Smeaton. In the design the attractive squat lighthouse at the end of this pier is of coursed granite ashlar, octagonal form on large square plinth, domed mental roof and iron railed balcony. It is largely used as a lighthouse.

Smeaton's Pier was lengthened 1888- 90 and at its head is a small octagonal lighthouse. Including the West Pier which was erected in 1894 for shipping roadstone from a local quarry. Also including the harbour wharfs along north and west harbour, ramped walls and slipways.

Listing NGR: SW5208840784

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68910

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing