OLD MALT HOUSE AND LEASE STONE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1146330

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1949

Statutory Address: OLD MALT HOUSE AND LEASE STONE, NORTH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD MALT HOUSE AND LEASE STONE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146330 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 21:29:24.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD MALT HOUSE AND LEASE STONE, NORTH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Lostwithiel

National Grid Reference: SX 10383 59837

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LOSTWITHIEL NORTH STREET, Lostwithiel SX 15 NW 10/112 Old Malt House and Lease Stone - 18.10.49 GV II

House, with shop at ground floor. Dated 1658 on lease stone, possibly incorporating earlier materials, with alterations for shop of mid-late C19 and C20 alterations. Slatestone and granite rubble, rendered front to North Street. Hipped asbestos slate roof with ridge tiles and stack to left side. This appears to have been a 3-room and through passage plan, with one room to right of passage and 2 to left; the left end of the house fronts North Street, with the lease stone on the corner to front left. The left end room, now front room facing North Street was converted as a shop in mid-late C19, with entrances remaining to left and right sides. 2 storeys, front to North Street has C20 plate-glass shop window with half-glazed door to right. C20 2-light window at first floor. The lease stone, set as a quoin to left has inscription: Walter Kendal of Lostwithiel was founder of-this house in 1658 Hath a lease for three thousand years which had beginning the 29th of September Anno 1658 (all lettering upper case). The left side, in rubble, has at ground floor 2 C20 windows under one timber lintel, formerly deeper openings, with cut granite masonry between; 2 blocked doors with timber lintels and half-glazed door; blocked window to end right. Right side rendered, and roughly divided in 4 bays,; the first bay has C20 window at first floor. Second bay has small C20 window at ground floor and large C20 window at first floor, gable over. Third bay has granite doorway with 4-centred arch, chamfered and step-stopped, with C20 studded door, C20 window to left and above. End bay has no windows. Rear also rendered, with gable end, two 2-light C20 casement at first floor. Interior Not inspected.

Listing NGR: SX1038359837

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 70864

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing