CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1146990

Date first listed: 09-Mar-1957

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Mar-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146990 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 16:45:19.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Maltby Le Marsh

National Grid Reference: TF 46212 81392

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 48 SE MALTBY LE MASH CHURCH LANE 5/26 Church of All Saints 9.3.67 II* Parish church. c.1300, C15, tower partly rebuilt c.1700, with minor C19 alterations. Squared greenstone rubble, red brick, slate roofs. Western tower, nave, chancel, south porch, vestry. 3 stage tower has moulded string courses, plain parapet and angle pinnacles. To the belfry stage are 2 light C15 windows with quatrefoils. The ground stage west wall has a 3 light panel tracery C15 window. The north nave wall has 2 light and 3 light Y traceried windows and a pointed doorway, all with chamfered surrounds, and 4 stepped buttresses. The C19 chancel east window is a tripartite lancet. On the south wall of the nave are 2 three light and a single 2 light windows with intersecting tracery. The C19 brick gabled south porch has a plain outer doorway with segmental head. The scar of a more steeply pitched earlier porch can be seen. The inner doorway is single chamfered and pointed with C19 hood. In the corner of the porch is an octagonal stoup. Interior. Tall pointed tower arch in front of a C15 single chamfered arch with octagonal imposts and responds. The chancel arch is double chamfered and dies to the reveals. At the east end of the nave is a lower and upper doorway, to the now vanished rood loft, and a niche with trefoil head. Fittings. The altar rails are early C18 with slender turned balusters, moulded rail and turned newel. The pulpit is C19. The octagonal C15 font has at the angles of the stem 4 men with standing out hair and against the bowl are 4 angels with spread out wings. Monuments. In the chancel is a c.1300 cross legged knight wearing chain mail and surcoat. At his head are 2 angels by the pillow and at his feet 2 lions biting each other.

Listing NGR: TF4621281392

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195630

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing