This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BELLHOUSE 12 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE PARISH CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BELLHOUSE 12 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE PARISH CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1147875

Location

BELLHOUSE 12 METRES SOUTH WEST OF THE PARISH CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wrabness

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 120338

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WRABNESS CHURCH ROAD TM 13 SE (north side) 1/113 Bellhouse 12 metres south-west of the Parish Church of All Saints

GV II

Bellhouse. C18. Timber framed, no cladding, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Square plan with door to E. One storey. Pyramidal roof. Frame entirely of hardwood, including some re-used timber, jointed and pegged, with primary straight bracing. One internal tiebeam aligned N-S, with king-post. Much obscured by ivy at time of re-survey, August 1985. Contains a bell-frame for one bell, aligned N-S, constructed of hardwood, all jointed and pegged except the diagonal straight braces, which are lap-jointed and nailed, in red brick footings. Bell by J. Warner and Sons, Crescent Foundry, London, 1864. (N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England - Essex, 1965, 436). Shown in the tithe map of 1842 (Essex Record Office, D/CT 413. RCHM 1.

Listing NGR: TM1741131874

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Essex, (1965), 436

National Grid Reference: TM 17411 31874

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147875 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 07:09:16.

End of official listing