LONG MARSTON MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1150328

Date first listed: 02-Sep-1952

Statutory Address: LONG MARSTON MANOR, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LONG MARSTON MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150328 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 22:04:40.

Location

Statutory Address: LONG MARSTON MANOR, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate (District Authority)

Parish: Long Marston

National Grid Reference: SE 50402 50926

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 55 SW LONG MARSTON CHURCH ROAD (east side)

5/26 Long Marston Manor

2.9.52

- II

Rectory, now private house. Late C18 - early C19, restored 1939. Red brick, Flemish bond, purple slate roof. 2 storeys, 8 x 2 bays with single- storey 2-bay block slightly recessed to right. Former entrance, now garden, facade: glazed doors bays 3 and 6; 24-pane full-height sashes to ground floor and sashes with glazing bars to first floor, all in flush wood architraves with flat brick arches; a change in the colour of the brick indicates rebuilding in bays 5 and 6, ground floor. Modillioned eaves cornice, hipped roof with large, probably rebuilt, stacks to each end and to rear of ridge, centre. Block to right: 2 windows as main range, blocking course. Left return: left - 6-panel double door with overlight in architrave with panelled rebates, under a porch with Tuscan columns, entablature and deep dentilled cornice; first-floor window as main facade. Lower 2-storey 3-bay service wing to left. Interior: original 6-panel pine doors and small cast-iron fireplaces, but most fittings probably date from the 1939 restoration; the date on rainwater goods outside. The entrance porch was possibly moved from the main front (bays 5 and 6) at that time.

Listing NGR: SE5040250926

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 331727

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing