This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BLUBBERHOUSES HALL, NOW VENTURE HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BLUBBERHOUSES HALL, NOW VENTURE HOUSE

List entry Number: 1150449

Location

BLUBBERHOUSES HALL, NOW VENTURE HOUSE, HALL LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Harrogate

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Blubberhouses

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 331409

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BLUBBERHOUSES HALL LANE SE 15 NE (north side) 2/17 Blubberhouses Hall, now Venture House GV II

House. Mid C19 for Lady Frankland, possibly by E B Lamb. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. 2 storeys, 4 bays, with 2-storey gabled porch bay 3 and corbelled first-floor gable bay 1. In Elizabethan style. Plinth. South front has chamfered doorcase to porch and central 4- light chamfered mullion window , both below relieving arches, and bay window to left of 3-lights flanked by lower single lights, all under stone roof. Above two 2-light chamfered mullion windows and similar 3-light window to left, all but central window below relieving arches. Projecting quoined stack to right of porch with 3 tall flues, single tall stack to left of porch and tall gable stack to left. Right return has ground-floor bay window with 4-light chamfered mullion window, similar 3-light window over and further 2-light window in gable. The hall was used as a shooting box by Lord Walsingham, the grandson of Lady Frankland who was also the patron of St Andrews Church (qv). E Bogg, Higher Wharfedale, 1904, p 45.

Listing NGR: SE1666355418

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Bogg, E, Higher Wharfedale, (1904), 45

National Grid Reference: SE 16663 55418

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1150449 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 12:47:08.

End of official listing