Wane monument, about 3.7m west of main door in grounds of Fairford United Church

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1151926

Date first listed: 17-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: Wane monument, about 3.7m west of main door in grounds of Fairford United Church, Milton Street, Fairford

Map

Ordnance survey map of Wane monument, about 3.7m west of main door in grounds of Fairford United Church
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151926 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 04:29:47.

Location

Statutory Address: Wane monument, about 3.7m west of main door in grounds of Fairford United Church, Milton Street, Fairford

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold (District Authority)

Parish: Fairford

National Grid Reference: SP 14929 00946

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 14/03/2016

SP 1400-1500 14/212

FAIRFORD, MILTON STREET (south side), Wane monument, about 3.7m west of main door in grounds of Fairford United Church

(Formerly listed as Wane monument, about 3.7m west of main door in Congregational Chapel grounds)

GV II

Chest tomb. Wane family, mid C18. Limestone. Stepped tent top with curved top section and roll moulding, gadrooned capping, moulded plinth, on plain base. Plain frieze, plain sides and ends. Earliest inscription to Jonathan Wane 1744 to west, and John 1761; Mary 1821 to east; William 1857 to north. To west of main approach path to Chapel (q.v.). 1,510 x 1,030mm, c.l,200mm high.



Listing NGR: SP1492900946

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 129769

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing