CLEEVE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1152057
Date first listed:
04-Jun-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
CLEEVE HOUSE, AMPNEY ST PETER VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLEEVE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152057 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 09:29:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
CLEEVE HOUSE, AMPNEY ST PETER VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Ampney St. Peter
National Grid Reference:
SP 08132 01477

Details

SP 00 SE AMPNEY ST. PETER AMPNEY ST. PETER VILLAGE (centre)

5/75 Cleeve House (formerly listed as Sundial Cottage)

4.6.52

GV II

Formerly two cottages and adjoining small stable/barn, now all one property. Mid C17. Rubble stone, stone slate roof, ashlar end stacks to main section with offset and moulded cornice, central ball finial to main roof, to roof on former stable, and to north end gable of right hand wing. Single main range of 2 storeys and attic with 2 small rear extensions, small single storey and loft double garage in former barn/stable to left, and 2-storey formerly separate cottage to right, facing east, with hipped roof and with sundial dated 1703 with initials "B T E". Main range with 3 windows, 3/2/3-light stone mullions with square hoodmould and metal casements. Ground floor has 3-light similar flanking central gabled porch with plank door and small glazed oval light over and glazed 4-panel inner door. Single small gabled dormer with paired casements below finial. Garage to left has small 3-light to front with timber lintel and 2 inserted garage doors on left hand return. Wing to right has 2 small paired casements on first floor, single and 2-light and recessed door on ground floor, all with timber lintels, and with some brickwork to right of door. End gable is raised above roof level, and has large leaded oval light below.



Listing NGR: SP0813201477

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129816
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04537/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Clarke. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].