EVINGTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1152269

Date first listed: 07-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: EVINGTON HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of EVINGTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1152269 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 16:43:49.

Location

Statutory Address: EVINGTON HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury (District Authority)

Parish: Leigh

National Grid Reference: SO 88505 26966

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 82 NE LEIGH -

3/67 Evington House II House. C17, 1830's for Sir Arthur Brooke; c1900; late C19, late C20 additions to rear. Brick-nogged timber-framing, stone plinth; roughcast to 1830's block; tiled roofs. Five-window, 2-storey, one-room deep block, 3-bay, 1½-storey wing at right angles forming 'L'. Main front: main block, end bay on right projects slightly; all windows with roughcast hoodmould, with long ears. Plinth: on right 3-light mullion and transom window, small panes, ogee heads to lights. To left 2 sashes with Y tracery set in front at head. Lower wing abuts main wing on left. Above, two 4-pane sashes on right, conjoined hoodmould, decorative board over head of window: gable above. To left 3 sashes, marginal lights, heads as below. Gable over left 2 windows, central blind opening, moulded surround, smooth render, steeply-cambered head. Bargeboards and eaves fascias decorated with greek key and paterae, pendant finials at apex and foot of gables. Chimneys each end and one bay from right. Lower, left wing: single-storey roughcast porch on front against taller wing: 5-panel door, top glazed, hoodmould, parapet gable over: left return 2-light casement, semi-circular head. Framing 3 panels high, centre bay cill higher than on left. Two- light casement as porch; late C20 boarded- stable door; similar window. Above 3 gabled dormers, each with 2-light casements, iron opening lights, Y tracery, gable finial. External chimney on left end and one bay from right. Interior: entrance hall stone paved with slate inserts; room to right ornamental plaster cornice and centre rose in ceiling. Timber-framed house rewindowed and large extension built 1830's; right bay to extension may be slightly later, upper floor added to this bay c1900. (V.C.H.,Gloucestershire, Vol. VIII, 1968)

Listing NGR: SO8850526966

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 126608

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Gloucester, (1969)

End of official listing